[ZODB-Dev] Cache hints

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Mon May 2 13:55:17 EDT 2005

[Rajeev J Sebastian]
> Is there any way to forcibly remove something from the cache on
> client-side (when using Zeo) ?

If you're talking about the disk-based ZEO cache, no.

> And, conversely, is there anyway to always keep something in the cache,
> between restarts of my PyQt application ? I think its called a
> persistent cache ?

ZEO supports both persistent and non-persistent (your choice) disk-based
cache, but you have no direct control over cache content or replacement
policy.  You can of course increase the chance of stuff remaining in a
persistent ZEO cache by increasing the cache's size.  To enable a persistent
ZEO client cache, specify the `cache` key in a `<zeoclient>` config section,
or the `cache=` argument to a ClientStorage constructor.