[ZODB-Dev] prob with cloning parsed xml

Aruna aprabhakaran at zeomega.com
Thu May 12 03:14:56 EDT 2005

Hi,
    I am was faced with this weird problem using parsed XML product .  I
install .xml files from my FS to teh zodb using an external method .
Now, I use "manage_clone" for making multiple copies of this object in
the zodb and adding them into another location in the site . But I
discovered that the parsed XML  objects are 'refusing' to be cloned.
After debugging to a certain extent, I narrowed down the problem to the
method: manage_clone which was being used , it simply hangs and the tmp
directory overflows . It does an "export and import "of the object to be
cloned and hangs ,in the process filling up tmp directory to 100% .
After that of course I get the error "No Space left on device". I have
to restart the server to test again.
    I was able to temporarily resolve this issue by manually adding and
recreating the parsed XML objects in the ZMI.  They seem to be cloning
now with out any problems .(Obviously I cannot expect the client to redo
thsi job manually each time they set up the site! :(  I need to find  a
solution where in I can continue adding parsed-xml objects in a batch
from my script at the time of site setup.
Can somebody please give me some pointers as to why this is happening?..

I am using versions :
plone 2.0.5
Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-39)
Installed product ParsedXML (ParsedXML 1.3.1)
zope 2.7.0
python 2.3.3
zeo
Thanks for your time!