[ZODB-Dev] ZODB memory problems (was: processing a Very Large file)

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Tue May 31 11:48:16 EDT 2005

Am Montag, den 30.05.2005, 23:59 -0400 schrieb Paul Winkler:
> On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 11:11:52AM +0200, Christian Theune wrote:
> > * Blocking during large streams is solved by a protocol extension for
> > streaming blobs. Additionally you can make the ZEO-Clients share the
> > Blob data via a networked file system.
> > * The pData cache problem is solved as well
>
> Cool!  This is on ctheune-blobsupport branch, right?
> Did that ever get merged to trunk?

AFAIK not. It was a "maybe" for the 3.4 release but really didn't have
enough public exposure to make it in there.

ChrisM wanted to write some more unit tests for it which would rectify
including it on the main branch. I hope I can make him do that at a
sprint over here in September ... :)

Cheers,
Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - schalaunische str. 6 - 06366 koethen - germany
www.gocept.com - ct at gocept.com - phone +49 3496 30 99 112 -