[ZODB-Dev] oids, numbers, hex and 8-byte strings

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Nov 3 12:30:22 EST 2005

Tim Peters wrote at 2005-11-1 15:00 -0500:
>I don't want to see any renaming, or aliasing, until the docs (comments &
>docstrings) are clear.

Usually, I am convinced that well chosen names form the largest part
of the required documentation.

That's why I sometimes call things bugs (do not behave as the name suggests)
while you call them accidental artifacts (different behaviour not
promissed by formal documentation).

In this special case, "p64" (and its counterpart "u64") is not
too badly chosen. When one knows (in addition) that oids are 64 bit
strings, one can deduce for what they are good for.

--
Dieter