[ZODB-Dev] RE: RE: RE: PersistentMapping

Thomas Lotze tl at gocept.com
Fri Nov 18 10:57:42 EST 2005

Tim Peters wrote:

> Things I can't guess include which version of ZODB you're trying this
> with, and exactly what the errors were.  Copy+paste generally works a lot
> better than English paraphrasing.

Sorry.

>  From the "build/lib.foo" part I guess you're running on Linux.

Right.

> So I tried that just now using ZODB trunk.  It failed too, but with
> different symptoms than you're describing:
>
> $ python2.4 setup.py build
> $ python2.4 test.py -v
> Running tests from build/lib.linux-i686-2.4 Traceback (most recent call
> last):
>   File "test.py", line 40, in ?
>     from zope.testing import testrunner
> ImportError: No module named zope.testing $

Well, as I wrote, I have the zope package from a current Zope3 trunk in my
path.

Oh, wait. I wrote this on #zope3-dev where I asked first. Sorry again, I
confused myself by spreading over too many (i.e. more than one) media...

Anyway, you don't seem to have Zope in your path, but I do.

> This worked (which is what I normally do):

It did for me too. I guess the crucial difference was doing build_ext
instead of just build. Maybe someone with more distutils clue could say
something about it; if my guess is right, README.txt should be changed.

> It should also go in the Zope-2_7-branch branch of CVS module ZODB3 (which
> will eventually become ZODB 3.2.11, for use in the Zope 2.7 line).

Yes, you wrote that before, I just didn't quote it. I'd have to find out
first whether I have write access to the CVS, though.

> I don't know what +1 means on other lists, but on this list it means
> "that's such a good idea I'm going to devote my life to implementing it,
> and I promise to finish it before this time next week" -- thanks ;-)

Normalization of votes should definitely be standardized across lists. But
then, what does "implementing a deprecation" mean? If it's just adding a
deprecation warning, I should be able to make it in time ;o)

--
Thomas