[ZODB-Dev] RE: RE: PersistentMapping

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Fri Nov 18 11:54:43 EST 2005

[Tim]
> BTW,
>
>     setup.py build
>     python test.py
>
> should work too; it's a bug that it doesn't (and it worked fine within
> the last few months), but I don't have time for it now.

Well, bug or not, the resident zpkgtools expert tells me he doesn't expect
that to work anymore, and that it would take more work than _he_ has time
for to try to make it work again.  "setup.py build" is only "intended" to
work from a distribution now, no longer from a checkout.

So, README.txt should lose the parts that recommend "setup.py build";
"setup.py build_ext -i" is necessary now.