[ZODB-Dev] Race condition in basestorage commit locks?

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Fri Oct 7 12:30:10 EDT 2005

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 05.10.2005, 14:17 -0400 schrieb Tim Peters:

> Don't know enough to be sure, but you've seen that the commit-lock code _in_
> ZODB is very simple:  tpc_begin acquires it, tpc_{abort,finish} releases it,
> and that's it.  I agree it's an error that tpc_abort may not release it if
> other code in tpc_abort raises an exception, but in that case you should
> also see the log message shown above.

It looks like we have been bitten by a bug in a C-Module for MySQL
access. Sometimes it led to a segfault, a halt, or the hang. We can't
reproduce it after switching that C-Module anymore. I really hate
C-Modules for Python right now.

Thanks for your help,
Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - schalaunische str. 6 - 06366 koethen - germany
www.gocept.com - ct at gocept.com - phone +49 3496 30 99 112 -