[ZODB-Dev] Re: Multi-Threading Transactions

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 04:44:55 EDT 2005

Chris Spencer wrote:
> I understand that, but my point was when you call transaction.commit(),
> you don't necessarily know what you're committing.

Yes you do, each thread has its own connection to the database, and this
connection has an independent view of the database from any other thread.

Calling commit on one connection does squat on any other connections ;-)

Now, unless you're writing your own threading code, or your own
connection code, you don't need to worry 'cos Zope does "the right thing".

If you are writing your own threading or connection code, you're either
god-like, or an idiot. 99.5% percent of people who _think_ they need to
write connection or threading code fall into the latter category...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk