[ZODB-Dev] Re: Fixing Broken Objects?

Michel Pelletier michel at cignex.com
Thu Oct 13 14:56:45 EDT 2005

Chris Spencer wrote:
> I noticed that if a ZEOServer client doesn't have the definition for an
> object's class, it loads it as a broken object. Is there any way to fix
> the broken object by obtaining the class source from the server?

Others have commented on the status quo that your client must contain
the correct code classes for your pickles.

However your question of loading code from a remote location is valid,
and another Python remote object system (Pyro) that can be configured,
with some restrictions, to load code over the network:

http://pyro.sourceforge.net/

in particular, see the section on "mobile code":

http://pyro.sourceforge.net/manual/7-features.html#mobile

I think twisted has a similar module but I don't know if it does the
mobile code concept.

I've never heard of anyone doing it, but there might be some synergy
with combining pyro's mobile code with ZODB and ZEO.

-Michel