[ZODB-Dev] Slow Zeo load times after upgrade to ZODB 3.4

Erik A. Dahl edahl at confmon.com
Fri Oct 21 15:43:35 EDT 2005

> We did not observe this behaviour...

That's good (I guess :))

> The ZODB cache lives in RAM and is a Python object cache.
> It is a per connection cache.
>
> The ZEO client cache lives on disk and is a pickle cache (it
> caches the object states not the objects themselves).
> It is shared by all connections to a single storage (in one process).

How do these two relate to each other?  Do I really need the disk
cache?  Can it be turned off?  I don't have "client" set so that each
process makes its own cache file.   (When I set this I have problems
if two processes us the same zope.conf file).  Is there a doc
somewhere explaining all of this??

>> My database has around 350k objects.  I have zodb_db cache-size set
>> to 200k
>>

> That is quite courageous...
> Watch your RAM requirements closely!

Ok I backed off a bit don't want weekend calls.... Thanks for you input.

-EAD