[ZODB-Dev] ZODB for context objects

Andre Meyer meyer at acm.org
Tue Oct 25 17:12:30 EDT 2005

Dear ZODB developers

I am not sure whether ZODB is the right thing to use for my needs. So,
what do I want?

I have a number of threaded objects that have a context as a separate
entity. The object and context need to be separated to allow for the
threads to run asynchronously while their context aspects are shared in
an environment model. The context aspect contains attributes that are
perceivable from other objects, such as location, speed, colour etc.

Now, my question is this: can I use ZODB to store my context objects and
retrieve them by various attibutes. For example, can I look up easily
all objects that have x and y coordinates within a given range? Or all
objects of a given colour without knowing their names or paths?

I hope that my question is clear, otherwise, please ask.

thanks for your help
André