[ZODB-Dev] Getting all OIDs from a storage.

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Apr 24 15:20:33 EDT 2006

Jim Fulton wrote at 2006-4-24 10:48 -0400:
>I would like to have this.  I can't find a proposal for it, so I
>guess we should start with that,  I'll note that I'd like to have an
>interface like:
>
>   oidIterator(class_glob='*')
>
>      Returns an iterable of object ids whose dotted class names
>      (module_name.class_name) match the given glob.

Are you aware that such an API would pose interesting
concurrency issues?

  If you do not lock the storage during the iteration,
  it is not unlikely the the iterated over set is
  modified during the interation. This poses interesting
  semantic questions (what precisely is the returned list?).

  On the other hand, you cannot lock the storage
  as the iteration is likely to be a very long running operation.

--
Dieter