[ZODB-Dev] Calculating Physical Object Size

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Wed Aug 9 07:08:52 EDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 04:19:10PM -0400, Chris S wrote:
> Is there anyway to determine how much disk space a specific object
> (including child objects) occupies in filestorage? For argument's
> sake, I'm assuming farily simplistic structures with no circular
> references.

There's a small program floating around that does something like that.
analyze.py by Matt Kromer.  I think I got it from this list, or maybe it
comes with Zope 2.  Or both ;)

Marius Gedminas
--
"... one of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of