[ZODB-Dev] Mounted ZODB support ?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Aug 27 09:53:06 EDT 2006

On Aug 26, 2006, at 2:45 PM, tav wrote:

> rehi all,
>
> whatever happened to mounted zodb support? did it ever exist in
> standalone zodb?

No.  Starting in 3.3, ZODB has multi-database support, which made
Zope 2's implementation of mounting much cleaner.

> looking at Mount.py, it seems to be pretty antiquated -- why is it
> even there?

It shouldn't be AFAIK.  I don't believe it was ever used.  I'm pretty
sure it is a decoy.  I'll remove it. Thanks for reminding me of this.

> is it possible to hack mount support with the current code
> base?

Mounting is very much an application level concept.  Zope 2 supports
mounting.  It's implementation builds on ZODB multi-database support.

> and finally, a neophyte question, how do you keep multiple zodb
> connections open in the same thread, but keep the various transactions
> involved isolated when you call commit(), abort(), &c. ?

By creating separate transaction managers and passing each connection
it's own transaction manager when you create it.  This causes the
connections to be divorced from the thread-local transaction
manager.  Note that this has nothing to do with mounting or multi-
databases.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org