[ZODB-Dev] cache not minimized at transaction boundaries?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 08:21:02 EST 2006

Hey Toby,

Long time no "see" ;-)

Toby Dickenson wrote:
>> All good, but still never gonna happen, right? *wry grinz*
>
> Sounds like a reasonable evening project (Ive no chance for ZODB fun in the
> day job any more), but Im sure it wont ever be the *most* interesting option
> without some sponsorship. Chris, do you have a real business requirement, or
> is this just an idle wish?

Sadly, for me, not a real business requirement... I know how the cache
works and so can make allowances.

For newbies, it does make death-by-swap an all too common phenomenon if
they don't see the connection between object size and memory used by the
cache...

How much work in terms of days/money do you reckon it would take?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk