[ZODB-Dev] Weird ConflictErrors with Zope 2.8.4 - It's been a while ; -)

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 11:02:24 EST 2006

Hi Chris,

Chris McDonough wrote:
> Rather than chucking this in the collector as-is, it would be useful if
> you could get me the output of the ZEO log rather than the output of the
> client log.  Right now, the actual traceback is in the ZEO log; the
> client log only shows that a conflict error happened; not where it
> happened.

Your wish is my command:

------
2006-02-01T12:31:22 INFO ZEO.zrpc.Connection(S) (147.114.101.65:32784)
loadEx() raised exception: database conflict error (oid 0x01f7e8)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "lib/python/ZEO/zrpc/connection.py",
line 421, in handle_request
     ret = meth(*args)
   File "lib/python/ZEO/StorageServer.py",
line 248, in loadEx
     return self.storage.loadEx(oid, version)
   File
"lib/python/tempstorage/TemporaryStorage.py", line 132, in loadEx
     data = self.load(oid, version)
   File
"lib/python/tempstorage/TemporaryStorage.py", line 117, in load
     raise POSException.ConflictError(oid=oid)
ConflictError: database conflict error (oid 0x01f7e8)

> FWIW, I've not tested ZEO+tempstorage, as in my own deployments I always
> use "session affinity" which always sends subsequent requests to the
> same appserver that received a request containing a particular session
> cookie.

What front end do you use to do the request distribution?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk