[ZODB-Dev] Re: Possible contributions to ZODB

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Fri Feb 3 09:12:09 EST 2006

Gary Poster wrote:
> On Jan 26, 2006, at 10:16 PM, Gary Poster wrote:
>> I have some code that might be worth putting into ZODB.
>>
>> There are three bits.
>>
>> - Two flavors of persistent queue.
> [...]
>
> I'm a bit surprised there was so little discussion: ZC has needed a
> persistent queue several times in the past.  Whether the queue would be
> based on what I proposed or on something else someone else has, it seems
> like it would be a good thing to have.
>
> However, with only Julien replying I don't think that's enough to push
> it further.  I'll keep it in zasync until/unless some better option
> comes around.

Like Julien I'd like to encourage you to put it in the core. I'd say, in the
"persistent" module.

If you want unit testing without ZODB dependency, I think you should just
synthesize states by hand, and test the conflict resolution method.

Because in fact in you current unit tests, you're testing much more,
including the ZODB mechanisms that detect concurrently modified objects in
different connections and regenerate old state from the database, etc. It's
not strictly needed (and is a lot of setup).

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com