[ZODB-Dev] Dutch law student seeks help to protect makers of zodbases

Goemans, M.C.M. M.C.M.Goemans at students.uu.nl
Thu Feb 9 08:22:36 EST 2006

Hello all!

I'm currently writing a thesis on Plone's database and ways to protect your investment in populating it.
The reason for it is that i love Plone and OSS, and love to explain difficult legal stuff to an intelligent laymen's audience.

The EU Database Directive has been put in place to protect makers/ producers of large amounts of data, BUT - in my opinion - at the time of conception did not take more advanced database technologies into account. I have various arguments to back this opinion and I am looking for people that are skilled in zodb's innerworkings and are interested in answering some questions I have concerning the translation of some of zodb's technical restrictions in a legal roadmap for zodb makers.

Is this the right forum to drop these questions?

Thanks in advance!

Mar© Goemans