[ZODB-Dev] Re: Connection pool makes no sense

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Mon Jan 2 15:05:10 EST 2006

I'm still baffled by how you get into this state to begin with.  Florent
explained why earlier, and I didn't see a reply to this part:

[Florent Guillaume]
> Huh are you sure? That would mean you have thousands of threads. Or
> hundreds or ZEO clients. Or hundreds of ZODB mountpoints.
>
> By itself Zope never uses more than one connection per thread, and the
> number of thread is usually small.

You replied that you had "hundreds" rather than "thousands" of connections,
but it's a still mystery here how you manage to have that many.  For
example, Zope defaults to using 4 ZServer threads, so do you specify a much
larger zserver-threads value than the default?