[ZODB-Dev] Searching/wo/Zope

Tamas Hegedus hegedus at med.unc.edu
Wed Jan 4 14:38:13 EST 2006

Hi!

You have released the ZODB/ZEO as a stand alone package. But there is no
stand alone searching possibility. Why? This just does not make any sense.

Yous suggested and I tried Kevin Dangoor's stand alone ZCatalog. It uses
the Zope source just remove the zope dependences, etc (some type of
hack). But it is not maintained. I think releasing and maintaining
something similar would not be a big work, but would make ZODB/ZEO at
much higher rank among the ODBMSs. People would start to build projects
on them...

Regards,
Tamas

--
Tamas Hegedus, PhD          | phone: (1) 919-966 0329
UNC - Biochem & Biophys     | fax:   (1) 919-966 5178
5007A Thurston-Bowles Bldg  | mailto:hegedus at med.unc.edu
Chapel Hill, NC, 27599-7248 | http://biohegedus.org