[ZODB-Dev] Searching/wo/Zope

Tamas Hegedus hegedus at med.unc.edu
Wed Jan 4 15:11:37 EST 2006

> Using the catalog stuff from Zope 3(!) would make more sense than
> dealing with the Zope 2 catalog.
This would be great!

>> I think releasing and maintaining
>> something similar would not be a big work, but would make ZODB/ZEO at
>> much higher rank among the ODBMSs.
> Do you volunteer to take work on this issue?
I would be happy. Just somebody should help me a lot at the first time.
E.g. I do not know how to create a python package. I was not able to
find the 'ZCatalog' in my Zope source. I do not know Zope or ZODB
internals, etc.

I am not a programmer. This is the source of all my problems. I just did
not have the patient (and knowledge) to learn to develop zope
applications. But I want to stick with Python and I need a transparent
(object) database for my objects. ZODB is very promising. But without
querying possibility... Without a maintained querying possibility...

Take everything together, I would be very happy to maintain, but I would
need help (let say, I would be very proud to be involved in a serious,
real world project :-) ).

Tamas

--
Tamas Hegedus, PhD          | phone: (1) 919-966 0329
UNC - Biochem & Biophys     | fax:   (1) 919-966 5178
5007A Thurston-Bowles Bldg  | mailto:hegedus at med.unc.edu
Chapel Hill, NC, 27599-7248 | http://biohegedus.org