[ZODB-Dev] Another interesting ZODB cache inconsistency

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Jan 15 14:37:53 EST 2006

Jeremy Hylton wrote at 2006-1-13 17:16 -0500:
>Is the problem with consistency of results served across the ZEO
>clients or by consistency of the database itself?  It seems like it
>must be the former.

As answered to Jim:

   My problem description was not accurate and my conclusions were
   wrong.

You are right that based on my original message one would expect
inconsistencies across different ZEO clients.

But, in fact, the inconsistencies could already be observed in
a single ZEO client (Zope). Viewing the same page repeatedly
sometimes showed the old and sometimes the new state.
A restart fixed this apparently nondeterministic behaviour.

--
Dieter