[ZODB-Dev] zodb pickle format for root

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Fri Jan 20 12:17:52 EST 2006

In storage.py there's a comment saying that only a few types of
pickles for the class descriptions are written, even if more are read.
But actually in DB.py there's this code that creates a new root if
oid z64 doesn't exist:

             root = PersistentMapping()
             p.dump((root.__class__, None))
             p.dump(root.__getstate__())

This is actually format #5 and according to serialize.py it's not
used anymore for writing. I guess the root is an exception.

I haven't checked if just justing p.dump(root.__class__) works but it
should.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com