[ZODB-Dev] ZEO cache bug? (again)

Chris Bainbridge chris.bainbridge at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 05:59:39 EDT 2006

On 02/06/06, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Tim Peters wrote:
> > I have nothing new to say about this.  As noted multiple times before,
> > assorted code and internal comments contradict each other about the
> > intent here.  Truly resolving that still requires someone with
> > knowledge of cache verification invariants to determine the true
> > intent, and fix the code+comments accordingly.  Short of that, you're
> > still reduced to poke-and-hope.
>
> Yay! :-)
>
> I feel a sense of deja-vu asking this but I'm working offline so can't
> google to check, but if I stop using persistent caches, does this
> problem go away?

Perhaps not. I'm not using persistent caches but still get occasional
cache related errors like:

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ZEO/zrpc/connection.py", line
421, in handle_request
                                 ret = meth(*args)

 File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ZEO/ClientStorage.py", line 1114, in
invalidateTransaction

self._cache.setLastTid(tid)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'setLastTid'