[ZODB-Dev] Conflict Error that won't go away?

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Thu Mar 2 12:51:22 EST 2006

Wherever I run ZEO I would never enable the persistent cache. It has
always tended to create more problems than it solves.

I think a lot of people don't realize that the "persistent" of
"persistent cache" only means "survives across ZEO client restarts",
not "enable the ZEO cache". The ZEO cache is already enabled, it just
uses hidden files instead of user-visible files to store stuff.

jens

On 2 Mar 2006, at 17:40, Seb Bacon wrote:

> We've also seen this problem related to corrupted caches.
>
> Dennis Allison wrote:
>> We've seen this problem occasionally.  Usually deleting the ZEO cache
>> clears the problem.
>>

>> On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
>>

>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I'm facing an issue with a ConflictError that won't go away even
>>> after
>>> restarting. Looks like the ZODB got screwed somehow. Here's the
>>> traceback:

<snip>