[ZODB-Dev] packaging zodb in eggs.

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Thu Mar 2 22:48:11 EST 2006

On Mar 2, 2006, at 10:03 PM, Chris McDonough wrote:

> persistence-3.6.0.egg (which would include persistent and BTrees
> modules).
> zodblib-3.6.0.egg (which would include ZODB and ZODB packages).
> transaction-3.6.0.egg (which would include only the transaction
> package).
> zconfig-2.3.1.egg (which would include only the ZConfig package).
> zodb-3.6.0.egg (which might be an empty "dependency" package that
> depended on persistence, transaction, zodblib, and zconfig).
>
> Anyone care?

First,  "rah rah!".

Second, zodblib seems unlikely to be useful alone, but maybe I'm
wrong, and even if I'm right there's precedent for that sort of thing
in packaging land, so what the hey.

Third, I'd guess that zodb would contain the stitching for zconfig-to-
zodb.  It makes me wonder if a zodb-without-zconfig egg would be
feasible/useful, but that's probably for later navel-staring.

Gary