[ZODB-Dev] Conflict resolving persistent queue?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Mar 23 15:21:53 EST 2006

Hi All,

I was wondering whether anyone had implemented a FIFO persistent queue
class which has the following conflict resolution strategy:

two concurrent adds: adds both new items to the end of the queue in a
time-based order

one add and one remove happening concurrently: add the new item and
remove the removed item

two concurrent removes: re-raise the conflict error.

I can't imagine it'd be hard to knock one up in python if not, in which
case:

- is there any similar python code I can look at for examples?

- how would I write unit tests for the above 3 cases?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk