[ZODB-Dev] [Performance] excessive time in "Connection.afterCompletion"

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Mar 31 13:26:54 EST 2006

We are currently tuning an application for performance and therefore
perform intensive profiling. To our surprise, it turned out
that about 15% of total request time was spent in
"Connection.afterCompletion". "Connection.afterCompletion" is mapped
to "Connection._storage_sync" which in our case called the
"ZEO.ClientStorage"'s "sync" method (and this caused the excessive
time).

What is the motivation to request synchronized transaction completion
by default?

--
Dieter