[ZODB-Dev] Re: Changes in _p_changed behaviour between Zope 2.7 and 2.9

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon May 1 11:46:50 EDT 2006

Florent Guillaume wrote:
>>>   base._p_activate()       # make sure we're not a ghost
>>>   base.__setstate__(state) # change the state
>>>   base._p_changed = True   # marke object as dirty

OK, this is the code I went with.

> Well the C code is pretty clear, it does a PyDict_Clear before doing
> PyDict_Update on the __dict__. Dunno how it was at the time Evan made
> his comment.

Well, there's tests now, so we should find out if this changes in the
future...

OFS.tests.testCopySupport was a good starting place, but it used
DemoStorage which doesn't support history, so I had to swap in a real,
live filestorage ;-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk