[ZODB-Dev] Re: tid error with ClientStorage cache in Zope 2.9.2

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Tue May 2 08:33:44 EDT 2006

Chris Withers wrote:
> Dieter Maurer wrote:
>> Chris Withers wrote at 2006-5-1 11:34 +0100:
>>> ...well, there are .zec files in the var directory, so I guess I must
>>> be. What controls whether a persistent or temporary client cache is
>>> used?
>>
>> Your Zope configuration file, of course ;-)
>
> Yeah, I knew that bit of it ;-)
>
>>   It is the "client" option of the "zeoclient" section.
>>
>> You find this (and the other "zeoclient" options) documented
>> in ".../ZODB/component.xml". Search for "zeoclient".
>
> Oh, well, now that's an obviously named key *grumble* *grumble*

Any recent zope has this in its default zope.conf:

# Other storage examples
#
# ZEO client storage:
#
# <zodb_db main>
#   mount-point /
#   # ZODB cache, in number of objects
#   cache-size 5000
#   <zeoclient>
#     server localhost:8100
#     storage 1
#     name zeostorage
#     var $INSTANCE/var
#     # ZEO client cache, in bytes
#     cache-size 20MB
#     # Uncomment to have a persistent disk cache
#     #client zeo1
#   </zeoclient>
# </zodb_db>

Note the part about the persistent disk cache.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com