[ZODB-Dev] Clustering ZEO Server with drbd

garthpl at periweb.com garthpl at periweb.com
Mon May 29 12:53:48 EDT 2006

I am planning a ERP5 deployment with ZEO. I have a working HA configuration on Centos 4.3 (should work without changes on RHEL4 but I have not tested) and  am willing  to contribute  it all to the community  if I can get help clustering ZEO. I will write a howto and contribute back to the zope documentation. Anybody interested?

Benji York <benji at zope.com> wrote: Christian Theune wrote:
> In the end, this might not be exactly HA because you'll have a period of
> time that isn't covered and may stretch for quite a while.

An interesting idea:  use drdb to create an HA pair for the read/write
ZEO service, and also use a read-only ZRS secondary.  That way when the
primary r/w ZEO server went down, read transactions could still complete
until the second r/w ZEO server could start.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer