[ZODB-Dev] Clustering ZEO Server with drbd

garthpl at periweb.com garthpl at periweb.com
Mon May 29 17:08:39 EDT 2006

I have two IBM xseries servers dedicated to this project at my datacenter. I am looking for anyone with zeo experience and expertise interested in working on this. I think this will make a HA zope infrastructure more attractive to the enterprise. I am also willing to do all the documentation and QA testing.

Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de> wrote: garthpl at periweb.com wrote at 2006-5-28 19:30 -0700:
>Hi folks, I'm looking at making a scalable zope infrastructure, I can scale the ZEO clients and mysql, the only issue is the ZEO server. I have used drbd and heartbeat in the past to create a HA lamp stack. From a technical standpoint, is there any reason I could not use drbd to cluster the ZEO server? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I think it would be feasable. Of course, you may miss a few transactions...

Case must be taken to handle packing correctly. "repozo" might help
in mirroring the storage.

--
Dieter