[ZODB-Dev] HOWTO recover from Data.fs.tmp

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Oct 3 14:23:31 EDT 2006

Terry Jones wrote at 2006-10-2 22:36 +0200:
>I agree that there's no bug here. But there are some simple things that
>could be done (at least under UNIX) to notice & flag potential disasters.

I do not think that software should get complicated to
avoid all kinds of potential disasters.

Of course, this does not apply for software that can cause
real disasters -- e.g. software that controls airplanes or
(nuclear) power stations or dangerous industrial plants.

For minor disasters such as some data loss, careful
operation by the administrators is enough.

If the administrators are not careful, then even extreme
efforts on the application side cannot prevent severe data loss.

--
Dieter