[ZODB-Dev] [Enhancement Proposal] Memory size limited Cache

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Oct 6 15:13:02 EDT 2006

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote at 2006-10-6 12:21 -0400:
>>> We would have a use case for this, too.
>> We've started moving toward just using a single application thread per process
>> (with many processes).  There isn't really much advantage in running multiple
>> threads if you have multiple processes.
>
> Apart from sharing resources, such as the cache....

That isn't a benefit of multiple threads.  It is a way to
mitigate the cost of multiple threads.  In the presence of the
GIL there is no throughput benefit in running multiple threads.
The only benefit of multiple threads is that it is somewhat
less likely that expensive requests will block inexpensive ones.

Jim