[ZODB-Dev] Re: Different commit protocols

Wolfgang Schnerring ws at gocept.com
Mon Sep 25 04:24:41 EDT 2006

* Wolfgang Schnerring <wosc at wosc.de>:
> I'm working with Theuni on the BlobStorage, and am trying to understand the
> different 2-Phase-Commit protocols that are in use in ZODB at the same time.
> As I understand it, tpc_* is the old protocol, and prepare/commit is the new
> protocol.

Argh. Reading the code more carefully reveals that prepare/commit may be newer
(in the sense that it stems from zodb-4), but apparently is scheduled for
deprecation, since the DataManagerAdapter (which adapts prepare/commit to tpc_*)
says "TODO: deprecate for 3.6".

So, my plan now is the following:
1. write the BlobDataManager according to tpc_*.
2. deprecate the DataManagerAdapter while I'm at it.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Wolfgang