[ZODB-Dev] [Enhancement Proposal] Garanteed lifetime for volatile variables

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Sep 30 02:00:04 EDT 2006

Sidnei da Silva wrote at 2006-9-29 22:13 -0300:
>| Feedback is welcome -- either in the Wiki or here.
>
>I've seen an informal version of this by Dieter on a mailing list
>somewhere (might even have been this list) ages ago and even thought
>that it was already implemented.

It is implemented in our (local) copy of Zope since about the beginning
of 2005. I have put patches into the collector -- but they never
made it into the core (and patches tend to break, when they are not
incorporated soon).

I am now a Zope committer and can directly work on the core --
thus patches are no longer needed.

--
Dieter