[ZODB-Dev] zc.recipe.zeo

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 08:19:59 EDT 2007

On 8/3/07, Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:
> Just setting the number of threads to 1 won't improve anything. Their
> strategy is to use many instances with a single thread instead of a
> few instances with the default number of threads. For a single
> instance you'll do more harm than good.

Yes, that's an important point.  If there's only one instance, you'll
need many threads, or you could see problems /very/ quickly.

I'd been assuming David was interested in large-volume and/or high
availability installations, given that he mentioned attending the
high-performance session at EuroPython.

  -Fred