[ZODB-Dev] Running ZODB on x64 system

Shane Evans shane at 3continents.net
Sun Dec 2 20:39:01 EST 2007

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote at 2007-12-2 13:51 -0500:

>> With what version of Python?
>>

> 2.4.x
>

>> I believe the problem is related to both Python 2.5 and 64-bit systems
>> -- possibly specific 64-bit systems.
>>

> Okay. No experience with this.
>
> As we use Zope (2), we do not use Python 2.5.

It will only occur on  python 2.5 or later (due to PEP 353) when
sizeof(Py_ssize_t)  != sizeof (int).

This is effectively almost all 64bit python2.5s (exception is ILP64 -
can't think of example of this).

btw, building from svn head (including dependencies) the code posted in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/zodb/+bug/165287 works correctly.

Unfortunately, I do get the  following error when running the tests:

FAIL: checkConcurrentUpdates2StoragesMT
(ZEO.tests.testConnection.FileStorageConnectionTests)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/shane/code/zodb/src/ZEO/tests/InvalidationTests.py", line
498, in checkConcurrentUpdates2StoragesMT
  File "/home/shane/code/zodb/src/ZEO/tests/InvalidationTests.py", line
360, in _check_threads
AssertionError: expected keys != actual keys
key 443 expected but not in tree