[ZODB-Dev] Running ZODB on x64 system

Matt Feifarek matt.feifarek+zodb at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 14:33:02 EST 2007

On Dec 3, 2007 1:26 PM, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:

> > Well, it certainly still affects zodb 3.6 and 3.7. I filed a bug
> > against 3.6 in the Ubuntu repositories, and "esteve" is helping me
> > with that, but your patch against 3.8 doesn't fix 3.6 or 3.7.
>

> No, it doesn't because Python 2.5 isn't supported by those releases.

Well, someone might want to tell the Debian package people then, as 3.6 is
distributed compiled against 2.5, on both 32 and 64 bit platforms. Seems
like 3.6 is in testing and unstable, too. I tried to find out who to inform,
but the maintainer is called "Debian Zope Team". I'm hoping some of them
might be listening ;-)

And also, it would be nice to update this page:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ZODB3.

As it looks to me like 3.7.2 is compiled for 2.5 (on Win) and no information
on compatibility is supplied for the source. I suppose I erred in assuming
inclusive compatibility.

Also, inside of the 3.7.2 tarball (and presumably 3.6) in README.txt, under
"Compatibility" a note that 2.5 isn't supported might be nice.

Thanks.