[ZODB-Dev] Running ZODB on x64 system

Matt Feifarek matt.feifarek+zodb at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 16:40:45 EST 2007

On Dec 3, 2007 4:12 PM, Esteve Fernàndez <esteve.fernandez at gmail.com> wrote:

> > "Something weird" may indeed be up... but I don't know where to look.

Ok, I found it.

On the advice of others, I put a file in my
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/distutils called distutils.cfg. This file
contained the following:
-------------------------------
[install]
install_lib = /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages
install_scripts = /usr/local/bin

[easy_install]
site_dirs = /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages
zip_ok = 0
-------------------------------

I use some python software that has lots of eggs and dependencies, and was
advised that it's best to keep that stuff in /usr/local/lib so that it
doesn't conflict with Debian-managed /usr/lib. I think that this process is
detailed on the setuptools website.

If I deactivate this file, the package python-zodb_3.6.0-6_amd64.deb does
indeed compile cleanly with the patch supplied by Esteve.

Thanks to all; I'm cooking again.

I'm cc'ing James Troup, who is somehow involved in the packaging of ZODB for
Ubuntu.

Thanks Esteve (and all)!