[ZODB-Dev] Re: ZODB Benchmarks

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Dec 7 18:28:27 EST 2007

On Dec 7, 2007, at 11:19 AM, Godefroid Chapelle wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
>>>
>>> Would you do that on Python 2.4, 2.5 or ... ?
>> I would do it on "?". ;)
>
> I'd help with pleasure...
>
>> I guess I'd need to do it for 2.4, 2.5, trunk and hope that pickle
>> hasn't been ported to Python 3 yet. :)
>> This is just a fairly simple test, so shouldn't be a big deal.
>
> ... but I fear it would take you longer to explain what to do than
> to do it.

Maybe. I bet all that's needed is to reuse the existing persistent_id
tests using inst_persiistent_id.  I haven't looked at the tests yet.
At which point, one might a test to distinguish the 2 cases.  And, of
course, eventually, the tests will need to get checked in.  I can do
that. You might be able to write the tests without much input from
me.  OTOH, I'll get to them eventually.  :)

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation