[ZODB-Dev] Disappearing volatile attributes in ZODB 3.6

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Jan 29 15:19:51 EST 2007

On Jan 12, 2007, at 6:53 AM, Terry Jones wrote:

> In trying to debug some code last night and today, I ran across
> what looks
> to be a problem with ZODB 3.6. I'm not 100% sure, and I'm also not
> running
> the SVN code (see below). I'm on Mac OS X 10.4.8 with Python 2.4.3
> from the
> Darwin Ports collection.

When I got my mac, I think I tried this Python port and had problems
with it.

I then just built my own Python from source and have been a happy
camper.

> So I went to install the latest ZODB. I found 3.7.0b3 at
> http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/ZODB3/3.7.0b3 and I've made 3
> attempts to
> install this and none of them worked:
>
>   - using python setup.py install, which gets me raise TypeError,
> "dist
>     must be a Distribution instance", and there's not much help for
> this to
>     be found via google.

I couldn't reproduce this either on Linix or on my mac (10.4.8) with
the Python I built myself.

If you still care about this, I suggest building Python yourself and
trying again.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org