[ZODB-Dev] Todo: Zope support for Slots and Decorators?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Jun 1 08:02:35 EDT 2007

On May 31, 2007, at 6:13 PM, Chris Spencer wrote:

> A couple questions. Does ZODB support classes using __slots__?

Much to my surprise, it seems to. I just tried it and it worked just
fine. :)

> Also,
> are there any problems with using decorators with ZODB?

Not that I'm aware of.

There is one surprise.  If you use a descriptor, that you might
install via a decorator, to moderate writes, a setattr will be viewed
by a base class as as causing a write, even if the descriptor elects
not to modify state.  I'd have to think hard about whether this might
be considered a bug (or perhaps even a missfeature).

> For instance,
> a simple memoization decorator like http://paste.plone.org/5416

I can't see this.

> appears to work in simple tests, but are there any potential issues I
> should be aware of?

Other than what I mention above, I'm not aware of any.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org