[ZODB-Dev] Understanding conflicts

Jim Carroll jimpy at oublic.org
Tue Jun 12 11:57:46 EDT 2007

Hi,  I've got a problem with a website where occasionally we send multiple
e-mail messages when really we only want to send one.

The last time it happened, I noticed that there was a Conflict Error at the same
time as the e-mail send.

The code that's running essentially does:

   add message to Persistent list in object
   get_transaction().commit()
   send_email()

We are using Zodb 3.3a3, and ZEO 2.3a3.

I've read that when a transaction retries, it re-runs code on the server side.
How can I verify that that's what my setup would do? (my maillog on my server
side doesn't show the duplicate e-mails, but I might not be looking far enough
back in the logs.)

Thanks