[ZODB-Dev] Re: ZODB 3.8.0b1 is released

Christian Zagrodnick cz at gocept.com
Fri Jun 22 11:21:05 EDT 2007

On 2007-06-22 14:25:27 +0200, Christian Theune <ct at gocept.com> said:

> Am Freitag, den 22.06.2007, 08:27 -0400 schrieb Benji York:
>> Christian Zagrodnick wrote:
>>> In my case I shared the blob=20
>>> storage with the zeo client w/o telling the zeo client that it actually=
> =20
>>> was shared.
>> =20
>> I would imagine that to be a common mistake.  It would be nice (as you=20
>> suggest) for that particular misconfiguration to be detected and warned=20
>> against.
>
> I added a launchpad bug for this. My suggestion was to detect this and
> either fail or automatically use the shared writable directory.

Not automatically please. You should be aware of that since it may be
just an error and break due to missing locking via nfs or anything. You
never know.

--
Christian Zagrodnick

gocept gmbh & co. kg  ·  forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon. +49 345 12298894 · fax. +49 345 12298891