[ZODB-Dev] Re: Understanding conflicts

Jim Carroll jimpy at oublic.org
Fri Jun 22 12:30:07 EDT 2007

Tres Seaver <tseaver <at> palladion.com> writes:

> The "stock" MailHost does have this problem.  There are a couple of
> alternatives which address it:
>
> "zope.sendmail",
>   http://svn.zope.org/zope.sendmail/trunk/README.txt?rev=72633&view=auto
>
> "MaildropHost",
>    http://www.dataflake.org/software/maildrophost

Hi Tres,

These look very promising!  The readme files describe exactly what I'm seeing,
and the use of a transaction commit hook for the mail sounds appropriate.

These two packages seem like they're specific to Zope though... and I'm not
using Zope.

I'm using quixote, my imports look like:

from quixote.sendmail import sendmail as qx_sendmail
from quixote.sendmail import RFC822Mailbox

I'll be checking the quixote mailing list, but quixote isn't going to have
anything zope-specific, and I do think that it's the interaction with zope
that's giving me trouble...

Am I wrong, do you think I can use the above packages with quixote?

-Jim