[ZODB-Dev] ZODB load/save tracing

Adam Groszer adamg at fw.hu
Tue Mar 6 06:16:40 EST 2007

Hello Win,

I think you'll have to write a script.
Have a look at
http://svn.zope.org/z3c.zodbbrowser/sandbox/src/z3c/zodbbrowser/
From plugin_fs.py you can extract how to open the ZODB without zope.
You can then traverse (access the properties) of the root and object
thereunder.

Matching an OODB with an RDB might not be a simple task as the OODB is
a tree or a graph of objects.

As Lennart already said on the list:
But the best way to export data from ZODB is to write a script which
outputs CSV values, which you then can import to MySQL.

(Note that ZODB is not a type of SQL database but an object oriented
database, and that a generic export therefore is not  possible, you
must write a dedicated script for your specific data set. This however
is usually quite easy).

--
Best regards,
 Groszer Adam                            mailto:adi at alco.co.hu
--
Quote of the day:
Love is a matter of chemistry, but Sex is a matter of physics.