[ZODB-Dev] roll back filestorage zodb to a certain date?

Rodrigo Senra rodsenra at gpr.com.br
Wed Mar 21 09:39:09 EDT 2007

[ Jim Fulton ]:
|Before we talk about adding it anywhere, I'd like to see the
|semantics defined more clearly.

I guess what Chris meant was:

 Given a pivot point in time (date and time),
 for *all* objects in the database (the whole Data.fs)
 will suffer UNDO over transactions whose timestamp is
 greater (more recent) than the given pivot timestamp.

Is this what you meant Chris ?

Nevertheless, some doubts:

 - if you have several ZODB mount points, pointing
   to different files ? Should all be considered
   as a single database and suffer the same massive
   UNDO operation ?

 - Should that mega-undo imply in a ZODB pack as well ?
   I suppose not.

 - Wouldn't it be nice to figure out a way to specify
   a restricted scope for this operation ? For instance,
   give a relative root or set of meta_types ?

I hope this issues will narrow down (but not exhaustively)
the need for more precise semantics.

best regards,
Senra