[ZODB-Dev] Re: roll back filestorage zodb to a certain date?

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 11:37:53 EDT 2007

Jim Fulton wrote:
<snip />
> I wasn't asking about implementation.
>
> Here are some questions:
>
> - Should this create a new FileStorage? Or should it modify the existing
> FileStorage in place?

Probably create a new one (analogous to a pack). Seems safer than
truncating to me.

> - Should this work while the FileStorage is being used?

I don't think this is important. If a new file is created it can open
the existing one readonly anyhow.

> - Should this behave transactional?

No need if it creates a new file

However its done it'll sure beat the iterate through transactions to
find the offset for a particular time then dd to create a truncated copy
method that I use ;-)

Laurence