[ZODB-Dev] roll back filestorage zodb to a certain date?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 12:26:08 EDT 2007

Jim Fulton wrote:

> On Mar 21, 2007, at 6:41 AM, Chris Withers wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Is there any existing method or script for rolling back a ZODB
>> (filestorage-backed in this case,
>
> Back end to what?

I meant as opposed to BDBStorage or OracleStorage ;-)
I don't know whether to attempt this at the FileStorage layer or and the
ZODB layer...

>> if that makes it easier) to a certain point in time?
>
> Do you actually want to modify the file?

Yes. I'm writing/running a bunch on migration processes on a 30GB
Data.fs, I'm hoping it's easier to roll back the Data.fs to before I
started my migration run than it is to grab a new copy on the ZODB from
somewhere...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk